We’re leaving after dinner tonight to start our long trip back home to Birmingham, AL from Minneapolis, MN. By the time we make it home, we will have logged over 4000 miles round trip, 8 bike races, and only 5 nights in hotels staying the other 11 nights with family and friends scattered throughout the upper midwest where Kristine is from. Check out my annotated topocreator map of the trip!
- Birmingham, AL – Home
- St Louis, MO – Midtown Alley Criterium 22nd, Tour de Grove NRC 8th, Kids races
- Dubuque, IA – Hotel Julien – arrived at 1AM after finishing Tour de Grove
- Shell Lake, WI – The Cardwell House – Kristine’s home in the northwoods
- Minneapolis, MN – Dale’s weekday apartment
- Cottage Grove, WI – Shelly’s and her family – traveling to Tour of the Dairyland
- Grafton, WI – Giro d’Grafton USA Crits 14th
- Green Bay, WI – Rick and Robin’s house – two nights while racing Dairyland races
- Appleton, WI – Appleton Criterium Tour of the Dairyland 79th
- Elkhart Lake, WI – Road America Tour of the Dairyland 4th
- Minneapolis, MN – Back to Dale’s weekday apartment
- La Porte, IN – Grandma Vivian’s house in Indiana
- Cincinnati, OH – The Atrium Hotel – two nights while racing the Ohio Triple
- Madeira, OH – Madeira Centennial Criterium 28th
- Hyde Park, OH – Hyde Park Blast USA Crits 11th
- Columbus, OH – Tour de Grandview 14th
- Birmingham, AL – Finally back home!!!
It’s been a great trip with some great races — only three more to go — hoping for at least one more top 10 finish!
Update – we made it back home – and I came oh so close to a top 10, placing 11th in Hyde Park.
Leave a Reply