My Garmin has just finally dried off enough for me to connect it to the computer and download the Tour de Grove heartrate data. I’ve been having problems with the Garmin in the rain — and it definitely rained as you can tell by the goofy altitude readings at the end of the race.
- Lots of short lived breaks and maybe one temporary field split
- The field split leaving less than 30 riders in the race
- Steady, easy part of the race as Jelly Belly led the chase
- The self-neutralized field after Jelly Belly crashed at the front of the group
- The fast finishing laps in the midst of a large thunderstorm