I’ve included my heart rate data from this weekend’s Sunny King Criterium (May 2) and the Sandy Springs Cycling Challenge (May 3).
2009-05-02 Sunny King Criterium, Anniston Alabama
- Crazy fast first few laps, mid-pack
- Attacking hard to close gap opened by another rider and then move up to near the front through the Start/Finish area
- Steadiest part of the race with fast tempo set by Kelly Benefits as they worked to bring back the break. I stayed positioned towards the front of the field
- Lots of variation here because of surges in the group, reshuffling at the front, and having to attack to regain position
- The insanely fast final two laps
2009-05-03 Sandy Springs Cycling Challenge
- Low initial heart-rate … not surprising for me after the previous night’s hard race.
- Steadily rising heart-rate as I work harder each lap to move farther up in the pack.
- Settling in nicely near the front (top 15-20 of the pack)
- Attacking through the Start/Finish area to move up to the front of the pack
- Attacking to attempt to bridge to Frank Travieso.
- Fighting hard for position as the pace gets fast for the final laps with a surprisingly high max heart rate for a “Day 2” race